what will i learn?
before you shoot
- Setting Expectations
- Building Trust & Comfort
- Creating a Space for Vulnerability
- The Importance of the First Email (My Email Template Included)
- 8 Tips To Rock Your Couple Session
- Setting the Mood On-Set
- My "Pre-Session Hangout" and Why it Works
- The Prep Talk: Preparing Them Mentally
- Intimate sessions: Fostering an Environment of Intimacy
- 4 Communication Styles
- How to Communicate Better
- Active Listening
- 10 Ways to Kick Butt as a Communicator
- Body language
- Giving Feedback
keeping things natural
- Allowing the Couple's Dynamic to Guide Your Direction
- 7 Ways to Not Be So Dang Intimidating
- Taking Breaks to Shoot More Efficiently
- Balancing Down Time & Active Time
- When to Direct and When to Step Back
- Slowing the F down
- Active v. Quiet Moods
- Controlling the Flow of the Session
- Giving Them Space to Be Themselves
- How to Give Active and On-Going Prompts
- How to Capture Killer In-Between Moments
everything you need to know about "posing"
- Making the Most of a Pose
- Small Changes to Make a Big Difference
- Waiting for the Right Moment
- Easy Ways to Get a Shit-Ton of Variety
- Nailing Focus With Fast-Paced Prompts
- Creative Ways to Change Your Perspective
- Technical Tips for Capturing Emotion
- Breaking Down a Pose
- Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone
- How to NOT GET STUCK!
directing: prompts & questions
- The Right and Wrong Ways to Ask Intimate Questions
- How to Direct, Not Pose
- Fostering Genuine Interations
- Posing Prompts With Tons of Visual Examples
- Directing Couples Who Aren't Physically Affectionate
- 40 of My Favorite Questions
- 40+ of My Favorite Prompts
- Creating Your Own Questions & Prompts
frequently asked questions
- What Are Your Go-To Poses When You're Crunched for Time?
- How Can I Get Better at Quickly Recognizing Issues I Should Correct?
- Do You Focus More on Emotion or Position?
- What to Do If My Client is Stiff, Awkward and Shy?
- How Specific Do You Get When Giving Direction?
- How Often Are You Directing/Talking During a Session?
- How Can I Get Variety Without Going Blank?
- Where Do You Get Your Inspiration for Posing? How Can I Keep it Fresh Instead of Doing What Everyone Else Does?
- How to Stay Out of the Copy-Cat Mentality
- How to Use Posing Inspiration to Create Fresh Work
- Big Posing Inspiration Mood Board